Join us for a museum program! Students learn about Chester County’s history through hands-on activities in a museum setting, with a focus on inquiry-based learning.
- Colonial Chester County— Students explore what colonial life in Pennsylvania looked like as a child. Students explore the clothing that was worn, daily chores, and what toys and games were played. Grade Level K-6
- Victorian Childhood— Students step back into the Victorian Era and experience a one room school house, Victorian clothing, tables manners, and what types of toys and games Victorian children played with. Grade Level K-6
- Immigration-– Students explore what immigration looked like for those coming to the colony of Pennsylvania as well as look at what immigration looked like for those immigrating to American during the 1900s. We compare and contrast the differences, look at the items those brought with them, and think about how we would make those decisions as well. Grade Level K-6
- Underground Railroad— Chester County sits right on the Mason-Dixon Line and experienced a great amount of Underground Railroad activity. Students will learn about station masters, conductors, stockholders, and the escaped enslaved people that made their way to freedom through Chester County. Grade Level 6-12
- Architecture Walking Tour of West Chester— Students are guided through the beautiful town of West Chester to view the unique architectural styles of famous architects like Thomas U. Walter, T. Roney Williamson, and more. Grade Level K-12
- Underground Railroad Walking Tour of West Chester— Students are guided through West Chester to explore the homes and buildings of those that participated in the Underground Railroad. Grade Level 6-12
Looking for a program that you don’t see? Email Education@mycchc.org. We are here to cater to you and your classroom needs, let us know what you would like to see!
Museum Program Admission
1-1.5 hour program $6/student
2-2.5 hour program $8/student
Museum Program Dates & Times
Tuesday-Friday 10AM – 4PM
CCHC is closed on Mondays and all major holidays.
For more information, please contact the Education Department at Education@mycchc.org